Hello:

For the last couple of months I have been learning installing LINUX, MySQL &
opther software. Until last week I installed mysql-4.0.20 and then installed
PERL modules without problem.

Last week the new MySQL verion became available & I started installing it.
Now when I install PERL modules, I get the following error:

>       % perl -MCPAN -e shell
>       Note: Answer "no" to auto-configure perl.
>       cpan> install Bundle::CPAN
>       cpan> install Data::Dumper
>       cpan> install Bundle::DBI
>       cpan> install Bundle::DBD::mysql
>
> After I enter the last/above "cpan>" command, there are number of output
> lines & then this error:
> ---------------
> >Using DBI 1.43 (for perl 5.08 on i386-linux-thread-multi) installed
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBI
> >Writing Makefile for DBD::mysql
> >Makefile:89: *** missing seprator. Stop
>    /usr/bin/make --NOT OK
> >Running make test
>   Can't test without successful make
> >Running make install
>   make had returned bad status, install seems impossible
> >Running install for module DBD::mysql
> >Running make for R/RU/RUDY/DBD-mysql-2.9004.tar.gz
>   is already unrapped into directory /root/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-2.9004
>   Has already been processed within this session
> >Running make test
>   Can't test without successful make
> >Running make install
>   make had return bad status, install seems impossible
> >Bundle summary: The following items in bundle Bundle::DBD::mysql had
> installation problems:
>   Mysql DBD::mysql
> cpan>

I have posted this message on the PERL list with no resulution. Is it
possible that the problem is somewhere in the new MySQL Version
"mysql-4.0.21"? Is there a change from mysql-4.0.20 to mysql-4.0.21 which is
causing the problem? Has anyone installed PERL modules on mysql-4.0.21 & if
yes please email the commands sequence (just like the one I have listed
above)you used to install PERL modules?

Thanks.

Kirti