From: Lenz Grimmer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 10:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MySQL 4.1.5 has been released

Hi,

MySQL 4.1.5, a new version of the popular Open Source/Free Software
Database Management System, has been released. It is now available in
source and binary form for a number of platforms from our download pages
at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/ and mirror sites.

Note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point in time -
if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later or
choose another download site.

This is the second 4.1 gamma release, mainly fixing recently discovered
bugs in preparation for the upcoming production release.

Please refer to our bug database at http://bugs.mysql.com/ for more
details about the individual bugs fixed in this version.

News from the ChangeLog:

    Functionality added or changed:

      * The Windows Installer packages are now making use of the Windows
        Installer (MSI) and include a new MySQL Server Instance Configuration
        Wizard that can be used to easily generate an optimized server
        configuration and to apply core security settings.
      * InnoDB: Added configuration option innodb_autoextend_increment for
        setting the size in megabytes by which InnoDB tablespaces are
        extended when they become full. The default value is 8,
        corresponding to the fixed increment of 8MB in previous versions
        of MySQL.

    Bugs fixed:
      * Fixed name resolving of external fields of subqueries if subquery
        placed in select list of query with grouping. (Bug #5326)
      * Fixed detection of using same table for updating and selecting in
        multi-update queries. (Bug #5455)
      * The values of the max_sort_length, sql_mode, and
        group_concat_max_len system variables now are stored in the query
        cache with other query information to avoid returning an incorrect
        result from the query cache. (Bug #5394) (Bug #5515)
      * Fixed syntax analyzer with sql_mode=IGNORE_SPACE. It happened to
        take phrases like default .07 as identifier.identifier. (Bug
        #5318)
      * Fixed illegal internal field length of user variables of integer
        type. This showed up when creating a table as select @variable.
        (Bug #4788)
      * Fixed a buffer overflow in prepared statements API
        (libmysqlclient) when a statement containing thousands of
        placeholders was executed. (Bug #5194)
      * Fixed a bug in the server when after reaching a certain limit of
        prepared statements per connection (97), statement ids began to
        overlap, so occasionally wrong statements were chosen for
        execution. (Bug #5399)
      * Fixed a bug in prepared statements when LIKE used with arguments
        in different character sets crashed server on first execute. (Bug
        #4368)
      * Fixed a bug in prepared statements when providing '0000-00-00'
        date to a parameter lead to server crash. (Bug #4231, Bug #4562)
      * Fixed a bug in OPTIMIZE TABLE that could cause table corruption on
        FULLTEXT indexes. (Bug #5327)
      * InnoDB: Fixed a bug that InnoDB only allowed a maximum of 1000
        connections inside InnoDB at the same time. A higher number could
        cause an assertion failure in sync0arr.c, line 384. Now we allow
        1000, 10000, or 50000, depending on the buffer pool size. (Bug
        #5414)

Bye,
        LenZ
- --