Hi all!

The perl module for Mysql expects to find libmysqlclient.a or libmysqlclient.so, at
least when it's compiling under cygwin.

An earlier report of the same issue seems to have turned up no responses, but that was
a couple months back.

Surely I can't be the only unix lover in the world who wants to do database access in
a (fairly) portable environment?

I find some client stuff for Cygwin b20, but lots of new stuff has come out since then
and I'm surprised that I'm not finding anything newer.

Any good news out there that wants to come out of the woodwork on this topic?

Otherwise, is there anybody aware of the issues required to deal with it who could
contribute that knowledge?

Thanks in advance for any new information!

Randy
[please reply to all, thanks]