On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 11:05, Jim Grill wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I sent this question to the mysql license email, but it's been more than
> > 3 days since then and I haven't received a answer... So I will ask it
> > again here, to see if someone can clarify this issue.
> >

> Are you actually distributing MySQL with your application? Or are you just
> using installations that are installed separately?
>
> You only need the licensed version for two possible reasons:
>
> 1) You are bundling the MySQL server or the C client code in your
> application which is not licensed under the GPL or a compatible Open Source
> Initiative license approved by MySQL.

NOPE, we plan to install the POS application in machines that previously
have a MySQL installed. I mean, we will install linux into the computer,
later we will install MySQL, and after that we will install our POS
software, the POS software is just a plain jar file.

So... as i can see, we ONLY use MySQL. We will use the MySQL version
that may come with the linux distro, or one we compiled ourself.

Second, the POS application is _ONLY_ for internal use.

we haven't broke any rule, isn't it? =)