> I've been searching long and hard and have come across
> a few techniques for changing text entries with lower
> case (entered by web user) and changing them to have
> first letter capitalized.
>
> in php..... ucfirst
> in java .... capitalize
>
> But I'm not having success on the database side.
> Everything they enter from the web form hits the
> database as entered, or raw, or lower cased.
>
> Is there a way to have the text fixed before it hits
> the database?

I'm a little confused. You're not entering data from the form directly
into the database right?

As long as there's a scripting language between the form and the database
(perl, php, java, etc.) then you should (and easily can) handle the
ucfirst right there.

Sorry if that's thick headed...and if you mean something else, please
elaborate.