Jim - He needs to change the format because he isn't exporting from one
MySQL database to another.... His destination database doesn't like the
escaped single quotes.

Here is the manual page for mysqldump:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/mysqldump.html

Is there nothing you can do with
--fields-terminated-by=...
--fields-enclosed-by=...
--fields-optionally-enclosed-by=...
--fields-escaped-by=...
--lines-terminated-by=...

to get what you want from mysqldump?

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

"Jim Grill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 09/24/2004 02:35:40 PM:

> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > In mysqldump output txt file, all datetime, varchar,
> > text fields value are surrounding by single quotes. Is
> > there any way that the single quotes can be replaced
> > by double quotes in the txt file?
> > Furthermore, if you have a single quote in text field,
> > it will automatically replaced by \'. But I like to
> > keep it in the way it input.
> >

> There is no way to change the use of single quotes in a standard dump.
The