Heikki,

I was collecting information about the incident and preparing a detailed
bug report, when decided to repeat the whole process from within
the mysql client, (I mean the original text mode client that comes with
the server installation)

I was surprised to see that problem DOES NOT occur from within that
client.

Immediatly I ran the query from the Control Center ( v.0.9.4-beta)
and the problem happened again.

So, this obviously related to the use of the MySql Control Center
v.0.9.4-beta and therefore there's no need to file such bug report.

Am I right?

I didn't know that a Client program could cause mysql to restart in that
way.

by the way as I've seen that the control center is no longer under
development which program would you suggest to replace it.( assuming the
same capabilities, of course )

Thank you very much
Mauricio

P.S. Im using SuSE v.8.2