Hi,

I have MySql running on Redhat 9, and I am trying to create a New
Database.

When I issue the command:
mysqladmin -u root ver

Result:
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: NO)'

Command:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] home]# mysqladmin -u root flush-privileges password
"abcdef"

Result:
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: NO)'

Q1. How can I change the password for root ?
Q2. How do I know if root IS the admin for MySql ?
Q3. How can I add a Database ?
Q4. How can I add a New User to a New Database ?

Thanks in Advance,

-Kamal.