Hello, :)

I have installed the MySQL binary package .tar.gz version 4.1.5. It runs very good. But in this package there isn't dynamic librairie client in the directory lib/ which terminated with .so. I have just this:

carotte:/usr/local/mysql/lib# ls
libdbug.a libmysql.imp libmysqlclient_r.a libmystrings.a
libmygcc.a libmysqlclient.a libmysqld.a libmysys.a
carotte:/usr/local/mysql/lib#

But I must have the dynamic librairie client because courier-imap don't see .a librairie.

How can I get a dynamic librairie client which run on my system? (I have debian on a x86 architecture with a AMD proc)

Thanks you, Romain

Sorry for my bad english :(