HELLO

>> does anybody know if Foreign keys increase the performance of select
querys?
>> example.
>> DB1 has only INNODB tables.
>> DB2 has the same structure as DB1 with all possible foreign keys.
>>
> is the same query faster on DB1 or DB2?
>

>Why should it increase performance?

At the moment I have the hole database with MyIsam tables but there is very
much data on it.
I have more tables with over 500.000 record and over 100 MB but until now
all queries are fast.
The problem is that sometime happens that tables are corrupt and I have to
REPAIR they.
(mysql 4.1.5).
All operations on the corrupt tables until REPAIR will fail and this is a
big problem because
more hundred people are working on the database at the same time and then
much data will be lost.

Now, I tried on a testdatabase to convert the tables to InnoDB to be more
stable and to have
transactions. The result is that all operations (select queries) are verry
verry slow.
Not as fast as on MyISAM.

How could I increase the performance of my InnoDB, now? I hoped that it
could be done with
foreign keys but it not seems so...

does anybody have other ideas for solving the problem?

thanks...
Uli