Yes. I want to retrieve 5 of each.

If I put LIMIT 5, the entire query retrieves only 5
for table1.col2 with value of 1 because 1 is the first
in the IN (1,2,3) clause.

If I put LIMIT 15, the query returns 15 rows same as
above instead 5 for each 1, 2, and 3 values. This is
because there are more than 15 rows in the table with
value "1" in table1.col2. The query will start with
table1.col2 with value of "2" only when the number of
rows with the value ("1") are exhausted and the limit
is more than the count.

~Jay

--- Michael Stassen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>