[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,
How to call a user defined function. I am using C as the programming language. I write a small function in C. Created .dll. Then how to run it from mysql pompt?. How to call or use it?. will any one of you help me in this.
Thanks,
Narasimha

I don't clearly understand what you are trying to do. Are trying to create a programm that query a mysql server with the C api, _or_ are you trying to implement a new feature in your mysql server by adding a UDF to it ?
the C api si here :
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/C.html
but for adding a UDF :
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Adding_functions.html

if you add a UDF, make sure your server is linked dynamically and not statically.

--
Philippe Poelvoorde
COS Trading Ltd.