From: Logan, David (SST - Adelaide) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 6:54 PM
To: Christopher J. Mackie; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: MySQL 4.1.5 upgrade going badly--mysqld won't start

Hi Chris,

The appropriate sections of the my.cnf (or my.ini on windows) file to
edit are

#
# Set the innodb engine parameters
#
innodb_data_home_dir = /u01/app/dmc/db/dmcpdb innodb_data_file_path =
ibdata1:10M:autoextend innodb_log_group_home_dir =
/u01/app/dmc/db/dmcpdb innodb_log_arch_dir = /u01/app/dmc/db/dmcpdb
innodb_buffer_pool_size = 32M innodb_additional_mem_pool_size = 20M
innodb_log_file_size = 5M innodb_log_buffer_size = 8M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 1 innodb_lock_wait_timeout = 50

As you can see, the log file size is probably not the same as you had in
the previous my.cnf. Your previous my.cnf must have been overwritten
along with all the appropriate parameters. To get past the error message
you are seeing, either change the innodb_log_file_size parameter or
delete the log file and let innodb create it itself.

All of this is described in the manual in chapter 16, the paragraph you
need is probably 16.4

HTH and you get things going soon.

Regards

David Logan