At 12:22 -0700 10/13/04, John McCaskey wrote:
I verified the same error for myself, and then found:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=5777

Sounds like the documentation is just wrong, and it is not supported for
innodb period.

John

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 11:53 -0700, Daniel Cummings wrote:
 Does "Insert Delayed" work on any version of MySql for INNODB tables?

The docs state that it does but I keep getting the error that the engine
> doesn't support this.

I did some investigation of this and here is the result:

What used to happen with "INSERT DELAYED" for InnoDB was that you'd get
an error message.  Now you don't, because the DELAYED keyword is ignored.

The change referred to in the manual ("INSERT DELAYED works for InnoDB")
really means: InnoDB processes the statement by ignoring DELAYED so as not
to terminate processing, but the row isn't really delayed.

I'll amend the manual to make this clearer.

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA