Hi Mark,

I have the parts for 4 Opteron systems here (Dual CPU machines)

All Types 844 to 848 luying right in front of me.
2x Sata HDD
2x SCSI HDD
6-12GB MEMORY

I also have

Fedora Core 1
Suse Linux 9.0
Turbo Linux 8
Mandrake 10 rc1
Windows 64 BETA

What I am currently figuring out is how to get the SiL 3114 driver
installed. I already spend a week (without success).
http://www.be-known-online.com/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=46
http://www.be-known-online.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=214&forum=46

I give myself max another week before its up and running (I have to do it
besides my real job).

I would be using a dynamic dns connection unless you will afford a static
IP (30$ /month).

Following the Opteron discussions closely I would recommend Suse Linux.

If this could be of interest than please contact me privately and let me
know your requirements. The servers will be based in Tokyo/Japan.

Best regards

Nils Valentin
Tokyo / Japan

http://www.be-known-online.com/mysql