Hello bruce,

Wednesday, September 29, 2004, 6:57:34 AM, you wrote:

b> hi....

b> i'd like to be able to merge/combine the two tables so that i get
b> +------+------+--------+------+-------+-----+
b> | ID   | type | status | user | ID    | uID |
b> +------+------+--------+------+-------+-----+
b> |   40 |    1 |      0 |
b> |   40 |    2 |      0 |          .
b> |   40 |    3 |      0 |          .
b> |   40 |    4 |      0 |
b> with the appropriate information in the various columns/rows...

b> i'm looking to be able to fill the resulting table with the information if
b> it's present, or to have nulls/'0' where the information isn't available...

I was about to say it's easy ;-) then I saw your ps section :-o
anyway, the idea I had may give a way to start :
insert NEW_TABLE(ID,type,status,user,ID,uID)
select ID,type,status,user,ID,uID
from table1
left join table2 on ...
where ...