Hi MySQL community,

As some of you, I did a presentation at the UC2004 about "Using MySQL in a
Japanese environment  - and avoiding common pitfalls", which can also be
found online.

http://www.be-known-online.com/mysql/

During the first 6 months I had so far 250 downloads, only for this single
article on my homepage and probably many more on MySQLs homepage.

http://www.mysql.com/news-and-events/users-conference/2004/

Thank you very much for anybody who showed interest.
As most of you know, the call for papers just started.

1) I am thinking about continuing the national character / Unicode issues and
would like to hear which issues you have, what bothers you most.

I am already considering the following suggestion:

a) exploring national Character Sets / Java environment issues
 (supported fonts & functions by Sun, IBM etc..)

The follow up title would probably be something like

"Using MySQL in a Japanese environment - xxxxx"

Please send any ideas, suggestions or any rant you might want to leave ;-)

2) If my time allows it, I am considering to apply for holding a half day
workshop.

I would naturally tend to expand the national character set issues, which will
allow to explore the issues described with national characters more detailed.

Anybody interested in this kind of topic ?
Note: No need to reply if not, otherwise my mail server might crash ;-)

--
Greetings from Tokyo

Nils Valentin

http://www.be-known-online.com/mysql/