Hi all,

I am looking to purchase hardware for a large database running MySQL or Oracle on
Linux.

Was thinking of the Opteron for its good scalability and memory bandwidth until my
friend told me that the DL760 from HP that uses the F8 (from Intel Profusion) chipset
allowing up to 8 CPUs and memeory up to 32GB.

I have always though that the Xeons cannot go beyond 4 CPUs and 4GB but this changes
the equation.

Has anyone got experience with this server or similar ones? How is the performance for
running databases, esp in terms of large RAM usage?