Hi
I tried a rh7 automatic install and it died when I tried to run it.

Then I tried installing rh7 without mysql and doing a source install.  It ran:
configure
make
make install
mysql_install_db

all fine.  Although I'm a little doubtful about the last one cause it didn't seem to
take much time.

But if I try:
scripts/mysql.server start

I get command not found. (yes the file is there)

And if I just type: mysql   I get:
"Can't connect to local Mysql server through socket 'var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'

When I go to that directory and do a   ls -al  it is empty.  So how do I create this
file.  If it is not specific to my system can someone just mail me one.  I'm doing all
this as root - do I need special permissions to this dir and file.

TIA

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!