Greetings,

The project I'm working on involves extracting data from one database and storing it in another.

With the goal of creating a generic mechanism (perl script) to perform the extraction on a periodic basis, I set up a table mapping destination table and column to the source of the value.

In the case of a simple copy, the source table and column name are stored. However, some of the values for the target fields need to be derived from either multiple columns or aggregated from multiple records (like MB/entity/day, with records having timestamps that are scattered throughout the day). I was contemplating storing the queries in a column, which would be read and then executed by the script, but wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations for a better approach.

Thanks,

Ted