I'm working on several websites that will be driven
primarily by two databases - Geography and Animals.
The Geography database will feature information about
nations, provinces and states, such as capitals,
population, etc. The Animals database features lots of
taxonomic tables (orders, families, species, etc.),
along with information about diet, distribution, etc.

I would guess each database could ultimately have as
many as two dozen tables or more. Some of my sites
will need a third database (or extra tables in one of
the existing databases). For example, I'm working on a
big Symbols database table.

Anyway, I thought I was getting to the point where I'd
better split all of my tables into two or more
databases to help me keep organized. Then I realized
that it could be a lot of trouble figuring out how to
connect to and manipulate two or three databases. In
the long run, it might be easier to just dump
everything into one big database.

It occurred to me that as I learn more about MySQL,
there may be database-wide operations I'll want to
perform on all my Animals tables, but not on my
Geography tables. If I do put everything in one table,
is there some naming scheme I could use to facilitate
this? In other words, if all my Animals tables feature
the same prefix or suffix, would it help me perform
operations that affect only the Animals tables?

Thanks.