On 10/06/2004 6:23 PM, Bill Thomason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I originally posted a query about a problem entitled "Table doesn't
> exist on query replication problem..."
>
> The original title might be a little misleading.  The slave replication
> is halting on a transaction that contains a query that spans two
> databases - one that is being replicated and the other is not.
>
> Could anyone provide me with some general rules of thumb about breaking
> down such a query?  This may sound like a vague or possibly stupid
> question since this predicament is probably very specific to the
> situation.
>
> I didn't write the original query but I am establishing the master/slave
> relationships and uncovered the bug in doing so.

Other than altering your database schema or replicating the reporting
database, your options appear to be very limited. You can't use
'SQL_SLAVE_SKIP_COUNTER = 1' unless your slave is not running, and
bookending the troublesome query with 'SQL_LOG_BIN = 0' and 'SQL_LOG_BIN =
1' only works from within the mysql client.

Paul