Hey guys,

I'm running a master/slave setup with v4.0.20. There are a hand full
of databases being replicated. For backups, we stop replication on the
slave and pull a text dump using mysqldump. I also record a 'SHOW
SLAVE STATUS' from the time of the backup.

My replica server crashed last night. It looks like it had something
to do with the disk cache as the replica was trying to replay already
committed transactions (lots of duplicate record errors).

After running an integritty check on the servers, the row counts are
out of sync for far more large tables than I care to manually fix. I'm
thinking of:

1) deleting all the data on the replica
2) pulling a backup from a few days ago and re-importing it with
replication disabled on the replica (ie, comment out all replication
configuration directives).
3) artificially recreating master-info-file using the information from
'SHOW SLAVE STATUS'
4) restart the replica with replication turned back on

With MySQL's two phase replication, will the IO thread automatically
figure out what file to start downloading and where to resume?

Thanks.