Elim,

----- Alkuperäinen viesti -----
Lähettäjä: "Elim Qiu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Vastaanottaja: "Heikki Tuuri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Lähetetty: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 8:07 PM
Aihe: Re: Chinese

> > you can use MySQL-4.1.6 and the UTF-8 character >set for both Chinese
and
> European languages.
>
> What's the default character set for MySQL 5.0.1?

I have not heard that the default character set in a plain MySQL server
would change from latin1_swedish_ci.

You can put to my.cnf, in the [mysqld] section:

default-character-set=utf8

to make UTF-8 the default character set in your server.

Best regards,

Heikki
Innobase Oy
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign keys for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM
tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php

Order MySQL support from http://www.mysql.com/support/index.html