See below...

Lau Sennels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 10/20/2004 12:49:19
PM:

> Thanks for your reply.
>
> > >[client]
> > >#password       = your_password
> > >port            = 3306
> > >socket          = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
> >
> > Your client needs to connect to the windows machine, not a local
socket.

> The files are on the local machine. This is not a server/client
> setup, but two
> servers accessing the same database from deiiferent partitions (so
/either/
> the XP /or/ the linux mysql server is running).
>
> > You can not have a Linux server using the files on the windows
machine.
> > The windows server is using them.
>
> See above.
>
> > The user 'mysql' does not have search privileges on the exp041012
> > database directory,  or read privilages on
> > the ne_as_10.frm f ile.
>
> All searches outlined are done as [EMAIL PROTECTED] (as mysql login).
> Even if I reassign schema privileges for the database uisng
> mysql-administrator the outcome is the same.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] is a MySQL account name. The 'mysql' being referred to in
the previous response is an OS user account name. That is the user account
that the MySQL process operates under at the OS level. Totally different
permissions systems here, it's easy to confuse them.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine