Hello,

I have a server with 18Gb of space. I have ran du to figure out how the harddrive is being used and I realized that the directory that is taking the most space is /var/lib/mysql

I know that now I have much less database records than I used to have and I have the same database structure having not change any index or table.

So I think there must be a bug and somehow the mysql server is consuming my entire harddrive.

I have also ran show table status to see the actual physical size of each table. They do not correspond to 10Gb, much less in fact, but the dir where MySQL resides /var/lib/mysql is
consuming about 10Gb of my hard drive.

What can be going wrong here?

I am running 4.0.20-Max-log

Thanks,