Dear list:

I have a short database with id,username and password for authenticate my users with freeradius. The passwords are encrypted through ENCRYPT() function. I´d like to know why ENCRYPT() function doesn´t give the same encrypted string for a clear text string?.
e.g. In the first time ENCRYPT('cisco123') gives HynlnFeaQzLzU
In the second time ENCRYPT('cisco123') gives IydYEKE4Pk85s
In the third time ENCRYPT('cisco123') gives KyJV8FPCwndcc

I´m writing a script with php+mysql for change these passwords, for that the user have to type its actual password, so the php script must to match with the password stores into DB. Before the match this password, my script encrypts it with the same function, but it never will be the same, so it won´t match.

I have to use ENCRYT() because freeradius only works with it.

Do you know other method for it?

Thank you.

EDWIN LIMACHI N.
Phone. 591-2-2123978