Hi,
On Thursday 21 October 2004 22:00, Dathan Vance Pattishall wrote:
> My.cnf.huge is not good enough for your system specs. Calculate the Key
> efficiency from the show status command. I bet the key efficiency is less
> then 90% or so.
By my count it is 99.88, the status output is:
Key_blocks_used         375052
Key_read_requests       1022090447
Key_reads       1219141
Key_write_requests      262155905
Key_writes      47437589

> In this case increase the key_buffer_size try 512M. A good
> stat for a proper key_buffer_size in the sum of all index files block size.
> This would be optimal since the index remains in memory. Increase your
> tmp_table_size to 64 MB your prob going to tmp_table and mysql uses this
> buffer for some internal optimizations. Also try increasing range alloc
> block size  a little bit, you might see a 5% perf boost.

ok, i changed these settings.
When I restart mysqld I get some error:
041021 0:09:05 Warning: setrlimit couldn't increase number of open files to
more than 1024 (request: 1134)
041021 0:09:05 Warning: Changed limits: max_connections 100 table_cahce 457

Mysql runs normally though.
Would they be relevant here?

It seems to be quite a bit faster already actually...

Thanks for your help,

Richard .