I'm banging my head against a somewhat strange problem I hope somewhat more proficient than me can help me with.

I'm trying to setup a central logging-server and having it dump all input into a MySQL db for easier access from diferent analisys systems.

I've found sysklogd-sql on Sourceforge, which is basicaly a patched version of the normal v1.4.2 syslog daemon so it can write to MySQL.

It requires MySQL-shared in order to compile, and I thought this would make it able to work with all versions of MySQL.

But after trying with v. 4.1.6 without luck I finaly revertet to 4.0.21 and lo and behold, it works perfectly, except for the fact that I want to use InnoDB, foreign keys and nested queries.

The install of both v. 4.0.21 and v. 4.1.6 is the standard Linux RPM install on a standard Fedora Core 2 installation.

It simply gives me a stadard 1064 syntax error message no matter what I try, even though syslog is simply trying a simple INSERT:

INSERT INTO syslog (machine, facility, priority, message) VALUES ('cutter', 'syslog', 'info', 'syslogd-sql 1.4.2: restart (remote reception).')

Has anyone tried running these two systems together? Maybe even allready resolved the problem? I'd LOVE hearing from you ;)

Thank you in advance

Frank Larsen