At 09:24 AM 10/26/2004, you wrote:
I want to see the warnings when load data from text file using command
mysal> load data local infile 'mydata.txt' into table my_table;

When I got
Query OK, 1431 rows affected, 1506 warnings (0.27 sec)
Records:1431 Deleted: 0 Skipped:0 Warnings:1506

I have to find out what cause the warnings. I found column size is one
problem and
by fixing one column size, 1400 warnings were gone. Maybe the remaining 1506
warnings are related to column definition or null data in the file etc, but
where can
i see the warnings themselves?

Thanks

There are .err files in your MySQL Data directory so you may want to look there first.
The warning may be caused by trying to add a string to an ENUM column that isn't in the list of enum values. Like adding a " " to a ENUM("Yes","No") column. You can verify this by selecting the rows where ENUM column is set to a blank because invalid data is converted to a blank for ENUM's.

The only other thing I can think of is to go over your record layout and match the data field by field to make sure the string length and data types are correct. Try and find the row(s) that are causing the problem by processing only a few dozen rows at a time and then zero in on the bad rows by trial and error.

Mike