From: Brent Baisley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 6:30 AM
To: Jalil Feghhi
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Full-Text Search

1. The rows are "sorted" in the same order as any other query that
doesn't have and order by specified, which means usually in the order
they were entered.

2. When you mean "location of matches", do you mean something like
highlighting? That's the responsibility of the interface, not the
database. Remember, MySQL is really "just" a database engine. It will
find your data fast, but it's up to you to present it in a nice format.
But, highlighting is fairly easy using grep, which is available in just
about any front end you may be using (Perl, Shell, PHP, etc.).

--
Brent Baisley
Systems Architect