Hello,

I was able to compile mysql 4.0 and 4.1 (static) successfully with
intel compiler 8.0 on an IA32 system running redhat enterprise linux
3.0. However when I tried to compile with intel compiler 8.1 with the
same options (same as ones used by mysql AB, except i link statically)
I kept getting the following errors:

mysqld.cc(1912): error: argument of type "rlimit *" is incompatible with parameter of
type "const rlimit64 *"
      if (setrlimit(RLIMIT_CORE, &rl) && global_system_variables.log_warnings)

It seems something is wrong between "rlimit" and "rlimit64". Since I'm
using an IA32 system, I wonder why it has something to do with
"rlimit64". I tried to post the problem in the intel forum with no
luck. google didn't return any similar stories either.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

--
Best regards,
 MQ