On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:24:02 +0100, Barry Zimmerman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have tried the following:
>
> mysqldump -u admin -p --databases yabbse > yabbsebackup.sql
>
> It seemed to work, but where can I find the yabbsebackup.sql file? Not very
> experienced with backing up.

Barry,

The yabbsebackup.sql file will reside in whatever directory you were
in when you issued the mysqldump command.  The > symbol indicates you
want the output of mysqldump redirected to a file instead of STDOUT.
What you place after the > symbol is the filename.  If you do not
specify a path (i.e > /path-to/some-dir/yabbsebackup.sql) , the file
will be created in the current working directory.

--
Kev.