From: Stefan Kuhn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 8:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Mysqldump very slow

You won't get any reasonable answers like this. How big is your db? How long
does mysqldump actually take? If you tell this, people can tell you if this
is like expected or too slow. Good answers depend on good questions.
But a hint: You can't expect mysqldump to run in fractions of seconds.
Depending on database size, it is quite normal for it to take some minutes.
Stefan

--
Stefan Kuhn M. A.
Cologne University BioInformatics Center (http://www.cubic.uni-koeln.de)