I apologize for the missing information.
First the server was on 4.0.20 now on 4.0.22. Apache
1.3.x not sure of the linux
The local machine is windows xp with mysql v. 4.0.20a
I did the data transfer running Navicat, so that may
not be so clear to anyone, but the only options that
were enabled:

1-Create tables
2-Indclude all table create options
3-Create records

They were transfered directly to the server.
The tables are all fine ,outside of when they came to
the windows machine all lowercase on the table names.
I can rename them on the windows machine using upper
case.

I guess I'm still trying to figure out how the
database got hosed anyway (still awaiting answer from
web host).
One possible guess is that most of my tables are
Innodb. Not sure why , but perhaps its related.

Stuart

--- mysq