At 18:27 -0800 11/1/04, Ginger Cheng wrote:
Hello, MySQL gurus,
I am just wondering if there is a way to set MySQL so that you can have the name of the mysql table completed for you if you hit tab, like typing file names in bash, you only need to type enough characters to uniquely identify the file or directory name, then you press tab, the rest will be out automatically?
It may be a stupid question but I like to use informative name while still trying to escape from boring typing.

Thank you for helps. Hope you all had a great halloween

mysql --auto-rehash db_name

Hit tab to complete.  If it doesn't complete, the letters typed so far
are ambiguous.  Hit tab again to see the possible completions.

You do need to type a database name on the command line.

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA