Nico,

does the table you are trying to replicate contain rows
with more than 8000 bytes of data?

InnoDB (= Innobase) cannot store longer rows. Arbitrary length BLOB and TEXT
fields are on the TODO list for June 2001.

Does the slave hang also for other queries you try to do
on the slave's InnoDB tables?

Regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy