I don't see a way to ask MySQL what the "full" name of a table is... the equivalent of this:

SELECT CONCAT(DATABASE(), ".", "table_name")

which would return something like this (assuming the current database is called "my_database":

my_database.table_name

The reason I want this is to ensure that a scripted operation isn't treating the same table as if it were two different tables. I have a method that moves records among tables by copying and then deleting. If the two tables are really the same table, it'll lose the records, since it will have copied them to the same table, then delete them.

I can do it the way above, but I'm thinking there might be a better way...

Thanks!

Nick