Since installing the latest 4.1 version of MySQL I have not been able to run phpMyAdmin.

I have since gathered that the current version of phpMyAdmin is not compatible. I therefore ran Add/Remove programs on Windows and installed 4.0.22 but nothing is working correctly, the server starts as a service using NET START MySQL but, phpMyAdmin continues to say: | #2003 - The server is not responding|.

First, how can I detect, on localhost, which port MySQL is using? And second, how can I ensure that everything related to MySQL, including the app itself, is removed before making a clean install of MySQL 4.0.22.

I would appreciate any help or pointers. I am on WindowsXP as the development machine.

--
Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling

We support OpenSource
Get Firefox!- The browser reloaded - http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

This message contains information that is considered to be sensitive or confidential
and may not be forwarded or disclosed to any other party without the permission of the
sender. If you received this message in error, please notify me immediately so that I
can correct and delete the original email. Thank you.