Hello all,

After playing with the idea of  'abandoning ship' in favor of IBM DB2
or Oracle, we deiced to stick with mySQL, due its simplicity and
investment in time and experience we have put into it.

Our company needs a HA solution for ensuring 24x7 operation for the
mySQL server instances. As it is, there are are two solutions
available for the problem: Emic Networks's EAC for mySQL and MySQL's
Cluster.

The Emic solution seems to work but is way too expensive for our
budget (around 4k$ for each 2CPUs node). So we need to either go with
NDB or try to get replication to work properly.

Here is a list of questions:
o How 'stable' is MySQL cluster (NDB) ? Is it ready for enterprise
use? Or even tested?

o Does the memory size limit the data we can manage? If it is a memory
based solution it should mean that it can handle of a very limited
number of databases/tables/rows, based on the available memory of the
nodes.

o Is there some sort of tight integration planned for mySQL cluster
and mySQL server ? Perhaps in 5.0 ?

o When is adding/removing nodes on the fly scheduled for
implementation? Without such a feature the system would have to be
shutdown - therefore not a complete HA solution.

o Has anyone gotten replication to work right? Perhaps Multi-Master replication?

Thank you very much in advance,
MarkP

--
Mark Papadakis