From: Gleb Paharenko [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 11:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Database Connection using DSN

Hi.
See:
 http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/ODBC_Connector.html

When you call mysql_real_connect you use mysqlclient library,
which connects to server directly (you don't need to configure ODBC).
To connect using DSN, you should use ODBC API. ODBC and MySQL
are completly different things. MySQL - database system, and
ODBC is an interface to interact with different databases.

--
For technical support contracts, goto
https://order.mysql.com/?ref=ensita

Confidentiality Notice

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this