Are you running the 2 queries at the same time? they should be run 1 at a time. What does mysql_error() say? use it when you are checking the result set (if (!$result) { echo "Error: " . mysql_error();}Are the result sets being sent to 2 different identifiers? Just a few possibilities.

Respectfully,
Ligaya Turmelle

Yahoo Default User wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have a problem with MySQL in conjunction with PHP so
I also decided to post here:

I have a PHP script that contains two consecutive
MySQL queries, something like this:

Query 1: Delete some rows from Table A
Query 2: Insert some rows into Table A

The problem is, only Query 2 seems to be executed.
Query 1 is not executed at all.

I tried running the script with only Query 1 and it
worked. However, when I put back Query 2, then the
problem comes back.

What can be causing this problem? How do I solve this
problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!