Better:

select * from table as t1
left join  table as t2 on t1.study=t2.study and not
t2.keyword ='K2'
where
t1.keyword = 'K1'
Santino

At 23:23 +0100 8-11-2004, Santino wrote:
Something like:

select * from table as t1, table as t2 where
t1.study=t2.study and
t1.keyword = 'K1' and not
t2.keyword ='K2'

Santino
At 11:57 -0800 8-11-2004, L a n a wrote:
Hello,
I've had a problem:
statement "SELECT data_id from table WHERE keyword = a NOT keyword = b" returns SQL error

I've got the following not working solutions to my problem:
SELECT data_id FROM table WHERE keyword = a AND keyword <>(or !=) b
SELECT data_id FROM table WHERE keyword = a AND NOT (or OR NOT) keyword = b

To explain better what result I need to get, there is table

Id Study keyword
1  A    K1
2  A    K2
3  B    K1
4  B    K2
5  C    K1
6  C    k3

I need to return study C, because it has only K1 keyword. However, all the suggested solutions return me A, B, C in the following order:
if I ask for K1/K2 then it returns studies A, B;
if I ask for K2/K1 (order matters) then it returns A, B, C.
How to solve the problem?

I tried "SELECT T.data_id from table T WHERE T.keyword = a EXCEPT SELECT T2.data_id from table T2 WHERE T2.keyword =b" . But it gives SQL error.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,
Lana