>Shanta McBain <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>    on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 9:29 AM said:

Sorry to take so long to get back. I have been putting by bees to bed for the
winter. Now I can program again.

> [% FOREACH link = DBI.query("SELECT * FROM url_tb
>                                   WHERE  products  LIKE 'honey'
>                                   AND (site_name =  'Apis' OR
> site_name = 'All')
>                                   ORDER BY link_order
>                                   ")%]

are you saying the products field has data like this in it?
"tacosburritoshoneycrackerscake" ... and you want to search for 'honey'?
do LIKE '%honey%'.

No the data is stored

honey pollen pollination

>but of course this should really be normalized and
>split into another table.

True it should. In my windoz days I used Delphi and Access an this was a snap.
But it was all done from the GUI. Now I have a minor problem in that I use a
web application call Extropia and I have not got it down to modify the SQL in
Perl as of yet. Extropia dose all SQL in a DataHandler's so that it is easy
to port the basic application from system to system. IE. Change a few lines
of code and it calls flat files, Change them again and they call MySQL, or
postgres or Oracle.

To learn the process of normalizing (linking tables with referential integrity
etc) in MySQL I have chosen to do the work first in TTML then port to Perl
ActionHandlers.  The long way around it might be said but I have active sites
that need immediate improvements.

--
Thanks
Shanta McBain