To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 3:49 PM
Subject: Re: How to bring up local replication / socket-error

Hello.

See:
 http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=3310

"Lutz Maibach" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a replication client on the same server as the
master is running. Master is port 3306 and its socket
/mymaster/mysql.sock. I set up the repl-client to connect to localhost
(tried the ip-address too) on port 3306.
When I start the replication I get the following error:
Error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)' errno: 2002

The question is how to tell the replication client that the right socket
is located in /mysqlmaster. I tried to set a symbolic link from
/tmp/mysql.sock to mysqlmaster.sock but only got a fatal error 1236:
"Could not open logfile.."

Help would be appreciated

Greetz from Germany

Lutz Maibach

P.S: I only try to get up this strange looking constellation cause I
have to replicate a single database from the master to a customers
server. The customer may not have a look at the other databases running
on the master, but with normal replication he would get all the data
into his relaylog. So I want to replicate the customers database to the
local replication and the the customers server to replicate this local
replication where only his data is stored in the binlog.

/ |/ /_ __/ __/ __ \/ / Gleb Paharenko
/ /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
/_/ /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/ MySQL AB / Ensita.NET
<___/ www.mysql.com