> That's because there's nothing particularly remarkable about
> dumping BLOB
> values.  Possibly you could have problems if they're really large.
>
> However, I take it from your message that you're trying to
> dump a table
> with BLOB columns and not having success? If so, it'd be a
> good idea to
> post a summary of what you're trying and what the results are.

Excuse me, I did not clearly explained my problem.

I indeed used mysqldump to backup BLOB columns and it did not returned
errors, but when I restored the information I got an error about a repeated
index number. When I tried to open the dump file to correct the problem, I
could not do anything with it because of the binary data inside. I used vi
to do so. I had to manually copy the files from the old directory to the
new, and then correct the problem. That's why I asked if mysqldump was
handling this type of data...

So I guess my real question is: which software (on Unix) will let me open a
dump of mysqldump containing BLOB data, if possible?

Thanks and sorry for the misleading question.

Christian