Just so it is known, repl_user, the replication account, has full access on the master database to do everything from any host '%'.

Here is my log output on server2:

041110 8:59:01 Slave SQL thread initialized, starting replication in log 'server1-bin.054' at position 3646268, relay log './server2-relay-bin.002' position: 27198
041110 8:59:01 Slave I/O thread: connected to master '[EMAIL PROTECTED]:3307', replication started in log 'server1-bin.054' at position 3646268
041110 9:01:46 Slave I/O thread killed while reading event
041110 9:01:46 Slave I/O thread exiting, read up to log 'server1-bin.054', position 3647181
041110 9:01:46 Error reading relay log event: slave SQL thread was killed

The log output on server1 for the slave failure is the same

And on both servers, I believe this is the error in the logs when I issue 'LOAD DATA FROM MASTER'
create_table_from_dump: failed in handler::net_read_dump()

Any help from any one?
-RG

Russell E Glaue wrote:

I am setting up a master-master replication.
I have the masters set up correctly (I guess), and they update their position when changes occur. 'show slave status' and 'show master status' both show the correct positions between each server.

However. Although the slave position increments to match the position on the master on both servers, the data is NOT getting updated. The position continues to increment up and up, but nothing is changed.

When I had successful replication in the past, I remeber the bin-logs being transfered from the master to the slave for the updates. This is currently NOT happenning on both servers.

When I execute the 'LOAD DATA FROM MASTER' I ALWAYS get an error.
    ERROR 1189: Net error reading from master
And I get the same error on both servers.

Now I know the replication configuration is correct, because when changes occur on one server, the 'Read_Master_Log_Pos' changes on the second server to match the first server. However, the data is NOT getting updated.

There is no firewall between the two machines.
And we are running MySQL 4.0.20

Is there a reason why the bin-logs are not being transferred?
I suspect this is the reason why the data is not getting updated.
And I suspect the error from 'LOAD DATA FROM MASTER' demonstrates the problem I am having.

What is wrong?
Any help?

-RG