The parts I am interested in:

(I won't bore you with the fields not relevant to this problem )

CREATE TABLE events (
  e_id int(15) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  e_owner int(15) NOT NULL default '0',
  e_time int(15) NOT NULL default '0',
  ....other junk omitted....
  PRIMARY KEY  (e_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

Thanks.... And I am liking that other answer although it has all nulls in the second owner column and I don't get how it works.

When I write applications that delete I always
back up the table and use a copy or a small
sample on a play database.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

If you post the table structure (SHOW CREATE TABLE tablename\G) we could help you write this statement.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine