Hello List:

System: RH9, MySQL 4.1.7

I am in the process of re-setting up (I have test setup 4-5 times) a data
server with the above software. This server consists of 2-CPU (Intel)
RAID-1, 1-40GB IDE HDD for O/S & 2-250GB IDE HDD for storing data. 250 GB
IDE HDD are mirrored (RAID-1).

Previously, I setup RAID while setting up RH9. Recently, while reviewing the
MySQL, documentation, I noticed the following directive for "configure"
command:

# ./configure –prefix=/usr/local/mysql   –with-raid

While researching on GOOGLE, I did find quite a bit of information on "MySQL
RAID HOWTO" search, but nothing to answer my question. Can someone explain
how the aboce directive in "configure" works? In my setup, do I need the
above directive as shown?

Thanks.

Kirti