On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 14:37, Andy Eastham wrote:
> Have you got a single multi-column index on countyid, price and old, or do
> you have individual indexes on each of these fields?  The former would be
> much better.

Its a single column on countyid, when I ran a select and just used
countyid = in the where clause it still took over 30 seconds.

It did take back less rows without the price and old in the query (the
exact number of rows it should look at)

But its still 30 seconds...I would love it to be under 3 seconds.

The performace I get from the 3 column index should be the same as the
single column index using the single index where should it not....saves
me going off for an hour or so unpacking, adding, packing etc to find
out that it still takes 30 seconds.

I am pretty sure its probably a hardware issue but I am hoping I am
wrong...as this application is not ready to pay for its self just yet.

John